Preserving the past forms one of the central goals of the St. Clair County Historical Society. One way that we do this is through our museum collections.
Our collections have been built over the course of almost fifty years through the donations and generosity of our members and members of our communities.
Do you have items that relate to the history of St. Clair County that you would like preserved and used to educate your neighbors?
Consider donating your historically significant artifacts to the St. Clair County Historical Society.
Our guidelines for accepting donations of items.
Artifact Donation Procedure
Do you have an item to donate to the St. Clair County Historical Society?
The following procedure will walk you through the process of donating items to the STCCHS.
- Contact us or visit us at the Victorian House Museum during opening hours with your item.
- Be sure to bring any documentation related to the item with you. These materials can help establish the importance of an object.
- Talk to our friendly staff about your item and the story behind it.
- The staff will evaluate your item according to our acquisition criteria. You may be asked to leave your item with us for evaluation. If you do, you will be given a signed receipt acknowledging our temporary custody of the item.
- If we decide to accept your donation, you will be sent a Deed of Gift detailing your donation and our promise to safeguard it and use it to tell the story of our county.
- If we don’t decide to accept your donation, we will return your item to you promptly and safely.
Go to top