There are many online resources for researching and exploring the history of St. Clair County.
Check back here often for additions and updates. Also, check out our blog (on the home page) for more discussion concerning resources.
Books Available Online
These full-text books on various topics in St. Clair County’s history are available for download for reading on your computer or mobile device or for printing. These books are available for free because their copyrights have expired and they have entered the public domain.
- Brink, McDonough and Company, History of St. Clair County, Illinois, 2 vols., 1881.
- J. Nick Perrin, History of Illinois, 1906.
- Clarence W. Alvord, Kaskaskia Records, 1778-1790.
- Solon J. Buck, Illinois in 1818, 1917.
- William Clarence Walton, Centennial History of McKendree College (includes a history of St. Clair County), 1928.
- Thomas Wood Stevens, Book of Words of the Pageant of St. Clair County, 1914.
- Prairie Farmer’s Directory of St. Clair and Monroe Counties, 1919.
- J. Nick Perrin, The Jewel of Cahokia, 1936.
- Alvin L. Nebelsick, A History of Belleville.
- John Reynolds, My Own Times, 1855.
Go to top